Tips for Uniform Care
- For best results, wash workwear apart from your regular family wash.
- If workwear is washed with other household garments, then separate by colour and wash with like items split workwear into these loads: 1) all whites, 2) Trousers and shirts, 3) coloured polo/oxford shirts
Tips for Washing
- Do NOT overload the washing machine.
- To improve the feel and future washability of your workwear, wash with detergent once before wearing with
like colours on the easy care or wrinkle-free cycle with warm water.
- Always pre-treat stains with liquid detergent or other pre-treating products.
- Never use detergents with whiteners or brighteners on colours as these contain bleach and will significantly shorten the life of your uniform.
- Pre-treat collars and cuffs of all shirts each time they are washed to prevent body soil build-up (ring around the collar).
- For heavily soiled items, pre-soak from a minimum of 15 minutes to a maximum of overnight depending on the degree of the soiled area before initiating the wash cycle. Never soak coloured items in bleach.
- All washing should be warm water wash and cold water rinse on easy care or wrinkle-free cycle.
- Do not use chlorine bleach product on colours. Use non-chlorine bleach when instructed by care cycle.
- Fabric softener may be used, but should not be used in both the washer and dryer.
Tips for Drying
- Before placing clothes in the dryer, check for stain removal. If stain removal is not complete on some gar ments, reapply pre-treatment and rewash the stained items with at least a 15-minute pre-soak.
- Tumble dry on easy care, permanent press, or wrinkle-free cycle.
- Do not over dry.
- Remove clothes promptly from the dryer and hang or fold.
- Do not tumble dry on a high heat.
Tips for Ironing
- Press using the appropriate setting on your iron. Check your garment label before pressing and use the setting suggested.
- For polyester cotton products, use cotton setting on iron.
- Do not iron dark colours with a bare iron - this will cause shining. Place a clean pillowcase on the garment before pressing.
- Do not iron logos or emblems. You may lightly press them if you cover them with a clean pillowcase and use a cool iron.